Med-Ped Health Care is providing all types of pre-employment physical examinations to variety of businesses in PG County and beyond
If you have just cleared a job interview and the employer has asked you to take a pre-employment physical, there is nothing that you should worry about.
Med-Ped Health Care offers employment physical exams to help employers:
- Promote workplace safety
- Minimize risk of work accidents and back pain
- Manage future risks and set a foundation for prevention procedures
- Help employers determine proper placement of employees and reasonable accommodation of qualified applicants
Keep in mind, this is just a normal procedure followed by companies to ensure that the person they are about to hire is physically and mentally fit to perform his duties in the best possible manner. Employment physical examinations may include health inquiries and physical examinations, including psychological tests, and physical or mental health assessments. Remember, to protect against discrimination in hiring, the physical examination should be required after a job is offered.
What does pre-employment physical consist of?
- Physical exam
- Medical history
- Vitals (such as, height, weight, blood pressure, and temperature)
- Vision test
- Hearing test
- Drug Screening Test
- Past immunization records (if you don't have the records, titer test is recommended) if required
- PPD - tuberculosis test
- ECG - heart test (if required or medically necessary)
- Vaccination (if required)
- Pre-employment physical is a must as it benefits all the involved parties.